Üheks lõppeva aasta märksõnaks oli kogu maailmas body-positivity liikumine ehk naiste rahulolu oma kehaga. USA väljaanne Women’s Health pani ritta kuus 2016 aasta olulisemat positivity-sündmust:
1. Modell Ashley Graham esitas väljakutse oma Instagrami-vaenlastele. Teda pandi tähele ja aasta lõpupoole sai ta enda välimusega barbie-nuku.
2. Shawn Johnson võitleb narrimisega spordis. 2008. aasta Pekingi kullavõitjast on saanud positivity-liikumise eeskuju.
3. Näitleja Anne Hathaway lõikas oma püksid „suuremaks”. Tema arvates pole midagi imelikku selles, kui naised raseduse ajal juurde võtavad ja kohe pärast seda oma beebikilodest ei vabane.
There is no shame in gaining weight during pregnancy (or ever). There is no shame if it takes longer than you think it will to lose the weight (if you want to lose it at all). There is no shame in finally breaking down and making your own jean shorts because last summer's are just too dang short for this summer's thighs. Bodies change. Bodies grow. Bodies shrink. It's all love (don't let anyone tell you otherwise.) Peace xx #noshame #lovewhatyouhavebeengiven
4. Alana Masterson koolitab sotsiaalmeedia trolle. Oma hiljutises postituses märkis USA seriaali Walking Dead (Elavad surnud) staar, et veebis narrijatel pole endal tõenäoliselt lapsi ja kui on, siis kas lastele õpetatakse samuti teiste narrimist.
Dear Instagram trolls, body shamers, and the men and woman who think it's ok to comment on my weight: I hope that you don't have children. And if you do, I hope you teach them about kindness and acceptance. I hope they learn that it isn't ok to make fun of people or call people names. I hope one day YOU learn what it takes to be a parent. A kind, selfless parent. A working parent. A parent that puts themselves in someone else's shoes. Maybe you can't get it through your thick fucking skull, but nursing a baby for a year (and pumping in a van between takes, in the dead of summer in Georgia) is a lot of work, determination, and scheduling. So before you decide to make a comment about my chest being "too large" or how "fat" I've become, just know that this little girl got the best start to life. I wouldn't have changed it for a second. I would've gladly continued to eat enough calories to produce milk for her little bones to grow. Also, grow the fuck up. Your mother should be ashamed for raising such a judgmental bully. I'm sure she knows how "courageous" you must be for trolling and hiding behind your Iphone and computers. P.s. I would LOVE to see any man or woman give birth to a baby, nurse the baby, and then work 17 hour days and NAIL their own stunts. P.s.s. Be kind to each other. We need it now more than ever. ❤️✌🏼️
5. Modell ja body-positivity aktivist Iskra Lawrence võttis end metroos paljaks. Tema sõnum on: mu keha on mu kodu, austage seda!
This is the end of a very special video 👆watch the full vid now- link in my bio👆 for @highqualityhumanbeings & their @unmuted.tv series…. Now more than ever we need to share our voices. Minorities, POC, women, the LGBTQ+ community, we all have so much power and the more we share, listen & learn from each other we can grow. Hopefully one day we can all live a non judgemental world full of love for one another. Appreciating the value in others and ourselves. Knowing we are equal and choosing to empower each other. It starts rn and it's the choices we make everyday. S/o to the incredible team🙏 director @alexandra_gavillet shot by @wendybowman_ produced by @natashagaroosi ILY (you gotta watch the full video to understand y I'm stood there not wearing full clothes)
6. Endine miss Alicia Machado selgitas, kuidas ta sai üle Donald Trumpi solvangutest. Ta osales Hillary Clintoni kampaanias.